This is one of my current favourite cakes.
I found the recipe on Pinterest, of course, but I have added the recipe here too.
This cake is tall and proud and holds well despite being so light and moist!
Prep Time: 20mins | Bake Time: 1hr40
- 375g Butter, softened
- 2,5 Cups White Sugar
- 5 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tsp Rosewater Essence
- 3 Cups Cake Flour (All-Purpose)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 125g Light, Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 165•C /330•F
- Grease and Line an 8″ round cake tin
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter.Gradually add sugar and beat for 2 mins.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar and beat well.
- Add vanilla extract, vanilla paste and rosewater essence.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with milk and sour cream.
- Beat for another 2 mins to make sure everything is combined well.
- Pour batter into a cake tin and bake for 1 hour 40.
- Cool cake in the tin for 20 mins.
Be sure to leave the cake to cool entirely before icing the cake. I halved the batter into two cake tins and baked them for about 20 mins and then kept checking on the cakes to check they were cooked. This allowed for a yummy buttercream filling in between the layers.
The Original Recipe has a Rosewater Buttercream Icing but I decided to add a yummy peppermint icing instead. There isn’t a particular recipe I use for this icing as they are much the same. You can do a quick search on Pinterest to find a good recipe.
Hope you enjoy this cake as much as I did!